2 links fresh chorizo sausage (6–8 oz)
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1-lb)
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 package frozen (or fresh) sliced bell peppers and onions (about 14–16-oz)
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
2 cups water
2 (5-gram) packets sazón with azafrán seasoning
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 cup white wine (or chicken broth)
1 lb peeled/deveined large shrimp, tails removed
1/2 cup frozen green peas
2 1/2 cups instant rice
- Cut chorizo and chicken into bite-size pieces (wash hands). Preheat large stockpot on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add chorizo and chicken; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until chorizo and chicken has browned.
- Stir in peppers and onions and garlic; cook 2–3 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until vegetables begin to soften. Stir in water, sazón seasoning, chili powder, and wine; cover and bring mixture to a boil.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 5–6 minutes, until rice is tender, chicken is 165°F, and shrimp are opaque. Serve.
1 tablespoon salted butter
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon/pepper seasoning salt
1 (13.8-oz) can refrigerated pizza crust dough
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Combine all ingredients (except dough) in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 40 seconds or until butter melts.
- Unroll dough; brush evenly with butter mixture. Roll lengthwise; place dough, seam side down, on baking sheet. Bake 10–12 minutes or until golden. Serve.