1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
2 tablespoons flour
Large zip-top bag
4 veal cutlets (about 1-lb)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
2 cups presliced mushrooms
3 fresh garlic cloves
1/2 teaspoon browning sauce
1/2 cup champagne (or sparkling cider)
3/4 cup half-and-half
- Combine seasoned salt and flour in zip-top bag; shake to mix. Tenderize veal by pounding each side with meat mallet (or rolling pin) for 15 seconds. Add veal to bag (wash hands); seal tightly and shake to coat.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon butter to pan, then add veal; cook 3 minutes on each side. Remove veal from pan.
- Place remaining 1 tablespoon butter and mushrooms in pan; crush garlic and add to pan. Cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until mushrooms begin to soften.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to boil, stirring continuously. Return veal to pan; simmer 5–7 minutes, turning veal once, or until sauce thickens. Serve.
1 1/4 cups water
2 tablespoons basil pesto
1 cup couscous
1 tablespoon pine nuts
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Combine water and pesto in medium saucepan; cover and bring to boil on medium-high.
- Remove from heat; stir in couscous and pine nuts. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Serve.