1 shallot, thinly sliced
4 cups watermelon chunks
4 slices thick-cut bacon
1 tablespoon maple syrup
2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 (4-oz) bag baby spinach
2 oz Deli honey goat cheese
- Cut shallot in half and slice. Cut watermelon into 1/2-inch cubes. Cut bacon into 1/4-inch pieces (wash hands).
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium 2–3 minutes. Place bacon in pan; cook 7–8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until crispy. Transfer bacon to paper towels to drain, leaving 4 tablespoons fat in pan. Stir in shallots and cook 1–2 minutes or until softened.
- Combine syrup, vinegar, and salt, then add to pan. Increase heat to medium-high and stir in watermelon; cook 2–3 minutes or until watermelon is hot.
- Place spinach in large salad bowl and pour watermelon mixture over spinach; toss to lightly wilt. Crumble cheese over top; sprinkle with bacon and serve.
1 teaspoon fresh ginger root, grated
1/4 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 tablespoons green pepper sauce
Large zip-top bag
2 (1-inch thick) grilling steaks (such as NY strip, ribeye, or sirloin), about 1 1/2 lb
- Grate ginger; place in bowl with orange juice, honey, vinegar, salt, and pepper sauce. Whisk mixture until well blended. Trim any extra fat from edge of steaks, then cut lengthwise into 3 equal pieces; add to bag (wash hands). Pour orange juice mixture over steak and seal bag tightly; place in refrigerator for 1 hour (or overnight), turning occasionally, to marinate.
- Preheat grill (or grill pan). Remove steaks from bag (discard remaining marinade that has been in contact with raw meat); grill 6–8 minutes, turning to brown on all sides, or until steak is at least 145°F. Let stand 5 minutes. Slice diagonally into 1/2-inch thick slices. Serve.