4 salmon fillets, skin removed (1 1/2 lb)
1/4 cup whole smoked almonds
Large zip-top bag
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon roasted garlic and herb seasoning
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- Always check fish for bones.
- Place almonds in zip-top bag and crush, using meat mallet (or rolling pin), until the size of coarse breadcrumbs. Add chili powder, paprika, and seasoning to bag; shake to mix. Preheat large sauté pan on medium 2–3 minutes.
- Coat salmon with spray; place in zip-top bag, then seal and shake to coat. Remove pan from heat; coat with spray. Add salmon; cook 3–4 minutes on each side and until 145°F and fish flakes easily.
- Remove salmon from pan. Add syrup and soy sauce to same pan; cook 1–2 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken. Serve sauce over salmon.
1/2 cup prediced fresh tomatoes
1/2 cup matchstick carrots
1/3 cup presliced green onions
1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
1 tablespoon basil herb paste
1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
2 medium zucchini squash
- Combine all ingredients (except zucchini) in salad bowl.
- Cut zucchini into 3- to 4-inch-long sections. Cut thin, lengthwise strips of zucchini, using vegetable peeler, into bowl. (Peel until reaching core with seeds; discard inner portion.)
- Toss to coat; chill until ready to serve.