4 oz fresh strawberries
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup smoked almonds, coarsely crushed
2 (6-inch) wooden skewers
1 1/2 lb boneless grilling steaks (such as ribeye, New York strip, or top sirloin)
3 teaspoons chipotle-roasted garlic seasoning, divided
1/4 cup lemon vinaigrette
2 tablespoons fresh basil
4 oz mixed salad greens
1/4 cup wasabi peas
4 oz crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat grill. Remove stems from strawberries.
- Slice onion (1/4 cup). Crush almonds.
- Thread strawberries onto skewers. Coat steaks with 2 teaspoons seasoning, then coat steaks and skewers with spray. Place steaks on grill; grill 5 minutes (do not flip).
- Flip steaks and add strawberries to grill; grill 1–2 minutes, turning skewers often, or until strawberries are charred and steaks are 125°F (for medium rare; warm red center), 130°F (for medium; warm pink center), or up to 170°F (for well done). Transfer steaks to cutting board; let stand 3 minutes before slicing. Temperature will rise 5–10°F during this time.
- Place in food processor bowl: strawberries, vinaigrette, basil, and remaining 1 teaspoon seasoning; process until blended and smooth. Place in salad bowl: mixed greens, onions, almonds, peas, and cheese; add 1/4 cup strawberry vinaigrette and toss to coat.
- Divide salad among serving plates; top with steak slices and drizzle with remaining strawberry vinaigrette. Serve.
NOTE: The doneness temperatures for medium rare and medium stated above are traditional temperatures used for cooking steaks, but are not recommended by the USDA. To maintain food safety, the USDA recommends an internal temperature of 145°F, as measured using a food thermometer, with a 3-minute rest time before carving.
8 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
8 oz frozen pound cake, thawed
12 oz fresh strawberries
8 (6-inch) wooden skewers
1/2 cup lemon curd (or orange marmalade)
- Thaw whipped topping and pound cake. Preheat grill.
- Remove stems from strawberries. Thread strawberries onto skewers; cut pound cake into 1-inch slices.
- Coat strawberries and cut-sides of pound cake with spray. Place strawberries on grill; grill 1 minute, turning often. Place pound cake on grill (cut-side down); grill 60–90 seconds on each side or until cake is toasted and strawberries are softened and lightly charred, then remove from grill.
- Whisk in large bowl: lemon curd and 4 oz whipped topping. Place pound cake on serving plates; spread lemon curd mixture over cake, then top with strawberries and remaining 4 oz whipped topping. Serve warm.