1 1/2 cups risotto rice
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
1 cup fresh sugar snap peas
1 medium yellow squash
8 oz tomato trinity mix (fresh diced tomatoes, onions, bell peppers)
1 teaspoon vegetable seasoning blend
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine rice, butter, and broth in microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut sugar snaps and squash into small bite-size pieces; place in medium bowl. Stir in tomato trinity and seasoning blend.
- Stir vegetable mixture into rice; cover and microwave 10–15 more minutes or until rice is softened and most of water is absorbed. Stir in cheese; rice will thicken as it stands. Serve.
1 medium cantaloupe
20–30 fresh mint leaves
1/2 cup light corn syrup
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Remove peel from cantaloupe, then cut in half and remove seeds; cut into bite-size pieces and place in medium bowl. Chop mint leaves finely (about 1/3 cup); add to cantaloupe.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and let stand 5–10 minutes for flavors to blend. Serve.