2 medium onions, thinly sliced
2 medium red (or green) bell peppers, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons cilantro, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/2 lb peeled/deveined shrimp
1 cup mojo marinade
1/3 cup coconut milk
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Slice onions and peppers.
- Chop cilantro.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add onions and peppers; cook 2–3 minutes or until slightly tender.
- Stir in shrimp; cook 2–3 more minutes and until shrimp are opaque.
- Remove pan from heat; stir in remaining ingredients (except cilantro) until blended. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 1/2 lb fresh yucca
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup sliced, stuffed green olives
3/4 cup mojo marinade
- Slice onion.
- Peel yucca and cut into 4-inch pieces; then cut each piece lengthwise into quarters.
- Place yucca and enough water to cover in large stockpot. Cover and bring to a boil on high; boil 25–30 minutes or until tender.
- Drain yucca.
- Place in same pot: butter, olives, mojo, and onions; stir in yucca until blended. Serve.