1 (24-oz) bag fingerling (or baby) potatoes
4 slices bacon
Nonstick aluminum foil
15 cloves fresh garlic
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; slice bacon into 1-inch pieces (wash hands). Place potatoes in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 6 minutes, then drain.
- Place bacon on foil-lined baking sheet. Spread potatoes, cut-side down, on same baking sheet; sprinkle with garlic cloves, thyme, salt, and pepper. Coat with spray, then bake 22–25 minutes or until potatoes are tender and bacon is crisp. Toss before serving.
2 lb fresh carrots
1 lime, for zest/juice
1/3 cup roasted pistachio kernels
1/3 cup fresh Italian parsley, leaves only
2 teaspoons fresh mint leaves
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon water
- Peel carrots and slice into 1/2-inch slices; zest lime (1/2 teaspoon) and squeeze for juice (1 tablespoon). Place pistachios in food processor bowl; process until coarse (reserving 2 tablespoons).
- Add herbs and process until mixture is fine. Cut butter into small cubes. Add butter, cheese, zest, and juice; process until blended.
- Place carrots and water in a microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on HIGH for 6–8 minutes or until tender, then drain excess liquid. Toss in butter mixture and place on serving platter. Sprinkle with reserved pistachios; serve.
1 (16.5-oz) box spice cake mix
1 (15-oz) can pumpkin puree
1/2 cup apple cider (or milk)
1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
8 oz whipped topping
1/2 cup caramel topping
1 cup toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 13- x 9-inch baking dish with spray. Combine dry cake mix, pumpkin, and apple cider until blended. Pour batter into prepared dish; smooth out top. Bake 25–30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand to cool 30 minutes.
- Poke many holes in cake using the handle of a wooden spoon. Pour condensed milk evenly over cake, into holes. Chill 1 hour (or overnight).
- Spread whipped topping over top of cake. Drizzle with caramel, then top with toffee. Serve.