1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
1/2 cup sugar snap peas, finely chopped
2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
12 oz sea scallops, thawed
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
3 1/2 cups water
1 cup orzo pasta
3/4 cup Asian ginger vinaigrette
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Chop bell pepper, onions, peas, and cilantro. Thaw scallops.
- Preheat large nonstick sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Season scallops with salt and pepper. Place scallops in pan; cook (or sear) 1–2 minutes on each side. Remove from pan; cover to keep warm. Place water in same pan; bring to a boil.
- Stir in pasta and reduce heat to medium; cook and stir 8–10 minutes or until tender and water has been absorbed.
- Stir in bell pepper, onions, peas, cilantro, vinaigrette, and scallops; reduce heat to low and cook 1–2 minutes or just until scallops are opaque, and vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from heat; top with sesame seeds (if desired) and serve.
12 slices white sandwich bread
1 cup fresh cherries
2 tablespoons cherry jam
1/4 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
2 eggs (or 1/2 cup egg substitute)
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Remove crusts from bread.
- Remove cherry stems and pits; chop coarsely.
- Combine cherries, jam, and cheese for filling.
- Brush six bread slices with egg, then top each bread slice with 2 tablespoons of cherry mixture. Top with second bread slice; crimp edges using a fork.
- Preheat large nonstick sauté pan on medium 2–3 minutes. Brush pies with egg. Place butter in pan, then add pies; cook 1–2 minutes on each side or until golden. Serve.