1 large leek, coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
2 links mild Italian sausage (8 oz)
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
8 oz rigatoni pasta
8 oz fresh presliced baby portabellas
1/2 cup white wine (or chicken broth)
1 (15-oz) jar roasted garlic Alfredo sauce
2 oz Deli mushroom & leek (or plain) Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Bring water to boil for pasta. Chop leek (white part only; 1 cup); chop parsley.
- Remove sausage casing: cut almost in half (butterfly); turn sausage over and peel casing away (wash hands). Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place 1 tablespoon oil in pan, then add sausage; brown 3–4 minutes, stirring to crumble meat, or until no pink remains. Meanwhile, cook pasta following package instructions.
- Remove sausage from pan. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to same sauté pan, then add mushrooms and leeks; cook and stir 3–4 minutes or until tender.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in wine; simmer 2–3 minutes or until reduced by about one-half.
- Stir in Alfredo sauce; bring to a simmer. Meanwhile, shred cheese (1/2 cup) into sauce; whisk until melted. Stir in pasta and sausage; cook and stir 1 minute. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
4 oz frozen nondairy whipped topping (1 1/2 cups), thawed
1 pint fresh strawberries, thinly sliced
1 Bakery glazed lemon creme cake
1/3 cup Italian sweet creme (or vanilla) coffee creamer
1 container low-fat vanilla Greek yogurt (5–6 oz)
- Set whipped topping out to thaw. Slice strawberries.
- Cut 6 1/2-inch-thick slices from cake; arrange 4–5 slices to cover bottom of 9-inch square serving dish. Drizzle or brush creamer over cake slices.
- Combine yogurt and strawberries; spoon mixture evenly over cake slices. Spread whipped topping over strawberry mixture.
- Crumble remaining cake slice over top for garnish. Chill 1 1/2 hours (or overnight) until thoroughly chilled and cake slices are softened. Serve.