2 fresh pears
1/2 lb fresh asparagus spears
2 links chicken (or pork) Italian sausage (about 6 oz)
2 tablespoons canola oil
8 oz presliced baby portabellas
1 cup white wine (or chicken stock)
1 package cheese-filled pasta with mushrooms (8–9 oz)
2 tablespoons herb garlic butter
4 oz crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Chop 1 pear coarsely (1 cup); coarsely grate remaining pear (1/2 cup).
- Cut asparagus into bite-size pieces, removing tough root end.
- Cut sausage into bite-size pieces (wash hands).
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add sausage and mushrooms; cook 2–3 minutes or until slightly browned. Add the chopped pear; cook 1 more minute.
- Reduce heat on pan to medium. Stir in wine, grated pear, asparagus, and pasta; simmer 3–4 minutes or until pasta is tender and wine has reduced by about two-thirds.
- Remove pan from heat; stir in butter and cheese until blended. Sprinkle with pepper and serve.
3 slices Bakery garlic Texas toast
1/2 head iceberg lettuce, coarsely chopped
1 large tomato, coarsely chopped
4 oz reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 cup cooked bacon pieces
1/3 cup creamy Italian garlic dressing
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut bread into bite-size cubes; place in baking pan.
- Chop 1/2 head of lettuce (about 4 cups) and tomato. Shred cheese (1/2 cup).
- Bake bread cubes 4–5 minutes or until toasted. Set aside to cool.
- Layer salad in serving bowl in this order: lettuce, cheese, bacon, and tomato.
- Top salad with dressing and croutons. Toss when ready to serve.