1 lb fresh Brussels sprouts
3 oz shallots, finely chopped
4 slices bacon, coarsely chopped
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, leaves only
2 oz Deli Gruyere cheese
1/2 cup Alfredo sauce
- Remove ends from sprouts, cut in half, and slice. Chop shallots and bacon (wash hands). Preheat large sauté pan on medium 2–3 minutes. Place bacon in pan; cook and stir 4–5 minutes or until bacon is browned and crispy. Remove bacon from pan (reserve 2 tablespoons bacon fat in pan).
- Add sprouts and shallots to bacon fat; cook and stir 4–5 minutes or until sprouts are tender. Remove leaves from thyme stems; shred cheese (1/2 cup). Stir in Alfredo sauce, bacon, thyme, and cheese until cheese melts and mixture is hot. Serve.
2 large sweet potatoes
1 orange, for zest/juice
2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
2/3 cup low-sugar apricot preserves
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 6 cups). Place potatoes in microwave-safe bowl with 2 tablespoons water and cover; microwave on HIGH for 8–10 minutes or until tender.
- Zest orange peel (1/2 teaspoon); squeeze for juice (1/4 cup). Chop parsley.
- Preheat small saucepan on medium 2–3 minutes. Add remaining ingredients (except parsley); cook and stir 5–7 minutes or until glaze is thick. Drain potatoes well; toss with glaze and top with parsley. Serve.
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
8 oz Bakery Italian bread, cubed
1/2 cup brown sugar
4 eggs (or 1 cup egg substitute)
1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice (or ground cinnamon)
1 (20-oz) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
1 (6-oz) jar maraschino cherries, drained
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut butter into small pieces; place in large bowl to soften. Cut bread into 1-inch pieces. Add sugar to butter; beat with electric mixer until blended and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, until well blended (or add egg substitute all at once). Stir in spice and pineapple, then bread until blended.
- Coat 9-inch baking dish with spray; transfer bread mixture to dish. Place cherries in rows on top of bread mixture, pressing in slightly. Bake 25–30 minutes or until golden and center is set. Serve.