1/2 cup ketchup
1/3 cup applesauce
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup egg substitute (or 2 eggs, beaten)
3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
2 pork cube steaks (about 1 lb)
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 (8.5-oz) pouches precooked basmati rice
- Combine in small saucepan on medium-low: ketchup, applesauce, and teriyaki sauce; simmer 6–8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until sauce darkens. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- Place flour in shallow dish, egg substitute in second dish, and bread crumbs in third dish. Dip pork in flour (coating both sides), then dip into egg substitute (allowing excess to drip off). Finally, dip into bread crumbs (wash hands).
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium 2–3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add 1 pork steak; cook 3–4 minutes on each side or until pork is golden and 145°F. Repeat with other pork steak.
- Prepare rice following package instructions. Cut pork into thin strips; place over rice and drizzle with sauce. Serve.
2 crisp/tart apples (like Honeycrisp, Granny Smith, or Fuji)
1 lemon, for juice
1/2 cup presliced green onions
1/2 cup spicy yum yum sauce
12 oz fresh broccoli florets
- Shred apples into large bowl using a coarse grater. Squeeze lemon for juice (2 tablespoons); add to apple and toss to coat. Stir in green onions and sauce until blended.
- Chop broccoli finely; add to apple mix and toss until blended. Chill 15 minutes. Toss before serving.