2 large sweet onions
4 slices thick-cut bacon
4 (3/4-inch-thick) bone-in pork chops (2–2 1/4 lb)
1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons barbecue rub (or seasoning)
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/2 cup dry sherry wine (or beef broth)
- Cut onions, and then bacon, into large 2-inch chunks (wash hands).
- Preheat large nonstick sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Season pork chops on both sides with 1 tablespoon seasoning. Place oil in pan, then add pork chops; cook 6–8 minutes, turning occasionally, or until well browned and pork is at least 135°F. Remove pork from pan.
- Place onions in same pan; cook and stir 4–5 minutes or until browned and tender. Add bacon; cook and stir 4–5 minutes or until cooked. Stir in remaining 2 teaspoons seasoning. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add sherry and pork chops to onion mixture; cook 2–3 minutes or until liquid is reduced by about two-thirds and pork is 145°F (for medium). Serve.
14 oz frozen seasoned potato puffs (1/2 bag)
1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
2 tablespoons panko bread crumbs
1 1/2 cups Alfredo sauce
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place potatoes in 9-inch square baking dish; coat top of potatoes with spray. Bake 20 minutes or until golden.
- Chop parsley; combine with bread crumbs. Stir Alfredo sauce into potato puffs, then top with bread crumb mixture. Bake 5–6 more minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve. (Makes 6 servings.)