2 cups plantain chips
6 Cuban (or saltine) crackers
Large zip-top bag
1 egg (or 1/4 cup egg substitute)
4 boneless top loin pork chops (1 1/2 lb)
1 teaspoon Complete seasoning
1 tablespoon flour
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 tablespoons peach preserves
1 tablespoon green pepper sauce
- Place plantain chips and crackers in large zip-top bag; crush with meat mallet. Beat egg lightly in shallow bowl. Sprinkle pork chops with seasoning and flour.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium 2–3 minutes. Coat pork chops by dipping in egg; let excess drip off and add to zip-top bag (wash hands). Seal bag and press with fingertips to coat pork chops. Place oil in pan, then add pork chops; cook 6–7 minutes on each side or until pork is 145°F.
- Prepare sauce by combining remaining ingredients until smooth. Serve over pork chops or use as a dipping sauce.
1 lemon, for juice
2 teaspoons cilantro herb paste
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 oz watercress leaves (or 1 bunch)
1 (14-oz) can salad-cut hearts of palm (drained)
1 1/2 cups seedless red grapes
3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Squeeze lemon for juice (2 tablespoons).
- Whisk together in salad bowl: lemon juice, herb paste, and olive oil.
- Cut watercress, if pre-washed and trimmed, into bite-size pieces. (If using watercress in a bunch, trim stems and rinse well before cutting to size.) Add remaining ingredients; toss and serve.