2 medium zucchini
2 medium squash
8 oz whole grain penne pasta
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 (28-oz) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes (undrained)
2 teaspoons turbinado (raw) sugar
1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Bring water to boil for pasta. Slice zucchini and squash lengthwise into quarters. Slice each quarter into 1/2-inch-thick slices; set aside. Cook pasta following package instructions.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add garlic, zucchini, and squash; cook 2–3 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften. Stir in remaining ingredients; cook 4–5 minutes or until thoroughly heated and liquid has slightly reduced in volume.
- Drain pasta. Remove vegetable mixture from heat. Stir pasta into vegetables and serve. (Makes 6 servings.)
1 bag baby salad greens (4–6 oz)
1 cup fresh strawberries
3 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
1/3 cup vanilla almond low-sugar granola
- Place salad greens in salad bowl. Cut stem end off strawberries; slice thinly and arrange over salad greens.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over salad; sprinkle with granola and serve.