1/2 cup pecan pieces, finely chopped
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup reduced-fat milk
1 egg (or 1/4 cup egg substitute)
1 1/2 lb tilapia fillets
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/4 cup canola oil
- Chop pecans (like coarse bread crumbs); combine with bread crumbs in shallow bowl.
- Place flour in second bowl.
- Whisk milk and egg together in third bowl.
- Chop pecans (like coarse bread crumbs); combine with bread crumbs in shallow bowl. Place flour in second bowl. Whisk milk and egg together in third bowl.
- Sprinkle both sides of fish with seasoned salt. Dip fish in flour (coating both sides) then dip into egg mixture (allowing excess to drip off). Finally, dip into pecan mixture (wash hands).
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium 1–2 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add fish; cook 2–3 minutes on each side and until golden and 145°F. Serve.
1 cup quick-cooking grits
2 1/2 cups water
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup shredded Italian-blend cheese
1 teaspoon cooked bacon pieces
1 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
- Combine grits and water in microwave-safe bowl and cover; microwave on HIGH for 6 minutes or until grits begin to thicken.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and cover; let stand 1 minute. Serve.