1 lemon, for juice
1 small onion, thinly sliced
3 slices bacon
4 mahi-mahi fillets, about 1 1/2 lb (thawed)
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut lemon in half; set aside. Slice onion.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Cut bacon into 1/4-inch pieces. Place bacon and onions in pan; cook and stir 3–4 minutes or until onions begin to soften and bacon begins to brown. Meanwhile, season both sides of fish with salt and pepper (wash hands).
- Arrange fish on top of bacon and onions, then squeeze juice of lemon over fish. Cover and reduce heat to medium; cook 10 minutes and until fish is 145°F (or opaque and separates easily). Cook time may vary depending on thickness of fish.
- Remove fish from pan. Increase heat to high; cook 2–3 minutes, uncovered, or until most of liquid has evaporated. Serve bacon and onions over fish.
4–5 oz fresh spinach leaves
1 tablespoon herb garlic butter
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 (24-oz) package refrigerated mashed potatoes
- Chop spinach coarsely, then place in microwave-safe bowl. Add butter and seasoned salt; cover and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes or until spinach begins to wilt.
- Stir in potatoes; re-cover and microwave 4 more minutes or until potatoes are thoroughly heated. Stir and serve.