1 medium red onion
4 sun-dried tomato halves in oil, coarsely chopped
2 teaspoons rice vinegar
2 teaspoons agave nectar (or honey)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1 1/4 (12-oz) packages ground buffalo
1 teaspoon salt-free garlic/herb seasoning
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons reduced-fat crumbled feta cheese
4 whole wheat thin sandwich buns
2 cups baby arugula leaves
- Preheat grill (or grill pan).
- Slice one-half each cucumber and onion thinly (about 1 cup each). Chop tomatoes (about 3 tablespoons).
- Combine in small bowl: rice vinegar, agave nectar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; stir in cucumber and onions and set aside.
- Combine meat, herb seasoning, pepper, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; form into 4 patties. Place meat in grill pan (or on grill); grill 2–3 minutes on each side and until 160°F. Combine feta and tomatoes until blended; divide over top of patties, then remove from heat.
- Toast buns lightly. Assemble burgers in this order: bun, arugula leaves, cucumber mixture, burger, more cucumbers (optional), and top of bun. Serve.
12 oz presliced portabella mushrooms
2 eggs (or 1/2 cup egg whites)
1 cup panko bread crumbs
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Large zip-top bag, optional
1/4 teaspoon salt-free garlic/herb seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat baking sheet with spray.
- Discard stems and gills (dark brown layers) from mushrooms.
- Whisk eggs until frothy; place in shallow bowl. Combine bread crumbs and cheese in zip-top bag (or shallow bowl).
- Place 3–4 mushrooms into eggs, turning to coat both sides. Dip or toss mushrooms in bread crumbs until evenly coated; place in single layer on baking sheet. Repeat with all mushrooms. Coat mushrooms with spray; season with herb seasoning. Bake 10 minutes.
- Turn mushrooms; bake 5–7 more minutes or until tender and golden. May be served with ranch or other dipping sauce.