1 cup seasoned croutons, finely crushed
1/4 cup slivered almonds, finely crushed
2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
1 lemon, for zest
1/2 cup egg substitute (or 2 large eggs, beaten)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan/Romano cheese
4 chicken cutlets (about 1 lb)
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 (5.3-oz) cup plain Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon basil pesto
- Crush croutons and almonds. Chop basil. Zest lemon (2 teaspoons).
- Place egg substitute in shallow bowl. Combine in second bowl: cheese, croutons, almonds, zest, and basil. Dip chicken into egg (allowing excess to drip off), then dip into crouton mixture pressing with fingertips to coat evenly (wash hands).
- Preheat large, nonstick sauté pan on medium 2–3 minutes. Place butter and oil in pan; cook chicken 2–3 minutes on each side and until 165°F. Meanwhile, combine yogurt and pesto. Serve chicken with pesto sauce on the side.
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
1 (20-oz) package cheese tortellini
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup Asiago salad dressing
- Bring water to a boil for pasta. Halve tomatoes; chop basil. Cook and drain pasta following package instructions.
- Toss pasta with remaining ingredients. Serve warm or chill until ready to serve. (Makes 6 servings.)