1 cup seasoned croutons, finely crushed
1/4 cup slivered almonds, finely crushed
2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
1 lemon, for zest
1/2 cup three-cheese (or original) egg substitute
1/4 cup grated Parmesan/Romano cheese
4 chicken cutlets (about 1 lb)
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 (5.3-oz) cup plain Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon basil pesto
- Crush croutons and almonds. Chop basil. Zest lemon peel (2 teaspoons). Place egg in shallow bowl. Combine in second bowl: cheese, croutons, almonds, zest, and basil.
- Dip chicken into egg (allowing excess to drip off). Finally, dip chicken into crouton mixture; press with fingertips to evenly coat (wash hands). Preheat large, nonstick saute pan on medium 2-3 minutes. Melt butter and oil in pan; cook chicken 2-3 minutes on each side and until 165 °F.
- Combine yogurt and pesto; serve on the side with chicken.
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
1 (20-oz) package cheese tortellini
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup Asiago-peppercorn salad dressing
- Bring water to boil for pasta. Halve tomatoes; chop basil. Cook and drain pasta following package instructions.
- Toss pasta with remaining ingredients. Serve warm or chill until ready to serve. (Makes 6 servings.)