1 lb mild (or hot) Italian sausage, casing removed
1/2 cup baby-cut carrots, coarsely chopped
8 oz trinity mix (fresh diced onions, bell peppers, celery)
1 (24-oz) jar pasta sauce
1 (32-oz) carton unsalted chicken broth
1/4 cup sun-dried tomato pesto
1 (9-oz) package cheese ravioli
1 (12-oz) sweet kale salad kit (baby greens, cheese, toppings, dressing)
6 tablespoons part-skim ricotta cheese
- Preheat large stockpot 2–3 minutes on medium-high. Remove sausage casing: Cut links almost in half lengthwise (butterfly); turn sausage over and peel casing away (wash hands). Brown sausage 5–7 minutes, stirring to crumble meat, until no pink remains. Chop carrots. Stir carrots and trinity mix into sausage; cook and stir 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in pasta sauce, broth, and pesto; simmer 8–10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until hot.
- Stir pasta into soup; cook 4–5 minutes or until pasta is tender and meat is 160°F. Meanwhile, chop salad greens.
- Divide soup evenly among serving bowls; top each bowl with 1/3 cup salad greens, then sprinkle with salad toppings and drizzle with dressing. Finish each bowl with 1 tablespoon ricotta cheese; serve.
6 tablespoons spreadable butter
1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar
1 large firm, ripe peach
1 (8-ct) can honey butter crescent rolls
1 tablespoon pine nuts, finely crushed
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine butter and cinnamon sugar. Peel peach, then remove pit; cut flesh into 8 wedges. Separate crescents into triangles and place on work surface. Spread 2 teaspoons butter mixture on each triangle, then place 1 peach wedge on wide part of dough; roll up dough around filling.
- Place crescents seam-side down on baking sheet; bake 15–17 minutes or until golden and peaches have softened. Remove crescents from pan.
- Crush pine nuts. Spread remaining 2 teaspoons butter mixture evenly over crescents; sprinkle with pine nuts and let stand 5 minutes to cool. Serve. (Makes 8 servings.)