2 cloves fresh garlic
Large zip-top bag
1 (1/2-inch) piece fresh ginger root
1 (2.5-oz) jar sesame seeds
1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
3 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons onion flakes
1 1/2 lb boneless pork tenderloin
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Crush garlic cloves, using garlic press, into large zip-top bag (use knife to scrape bottom of garlic press). Peel ginger, then chop (1 teaspoon).
- Add to bag: sesame seeds, soy sauce, sugar, onion flakes, and ginger; shake to mix. Slice pork in half lengthwise and add to marinade (wash hands); knead bag to coat pork well. Let stand 5 minutes (or up to 3 hours in refrigerator) to marinate.
- Spray 13- x 9-inch baking dish with spray. Transfer pork to dish; top with all remaining marinade, then discard zip-top bag. Bake 30–35 minutes, or until tender and 145°F. Slice pork and serve with sauce.
1 cup parboiled rice
1 (10.5-oz) can condensed beef consommé
1 (10.5-oz) can condensed French onion soup
2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place rice in 2-quart casserole dish. Add beef consommé and French onion soup; stir to mix.
- Cut butter into thin slices and place evenly over top of rice. Cover and bake for 40–45 minutes, or until the rice has completely absorbed the liquid. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes. Serve.