1 medium zucchini squash, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup roasted red peppers, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 lb fresh pork (or beef) Italian meatballs
2 (8-oz) packages fresh cheese ravioli
1 (13.75-oz) jar extra garlic bruschetta topping
1/2 cup unsalted chicken stock (or broth)
1/2 cup crumbled garlic/herb feta cheese
- Bring water to boil for pasta.
- Cut squash lengthwise into quarters, then cut into bite-size pieces.
- Chop peppers and basil.
- Preheat large, nonstick sauté pan on medium 2–3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add meatballs; cook 3–4 minutes or until browned on all sides. Add zucchini to meatballs; cook and stir 2–3 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- Cook pasta following package instructions.
- Reduce heat on meatballs to medium-low. Add peppers, bruschetta, and stock to meatballs; simmer 7–8 minutes and until meatballs are 160°F.
- Drain ravioli and add to meatballs; stir in basil and top with feta. Serve.
1 teaspoon + 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
6 fresh ripe pears, chopped
10 caramel squares
4 tablespoons brown sugar
4 (1.51-oz) packets apple cinnamon instant oatmeal (about 1 1/3 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350°F; coat 9-inch square baking dish with 1 teaspoon butter.
- Cut remaining 5 tablespoons butter into small pieces; place in medium bowl to soften.
- Peel (optional), core, and chop pears into 1/2-inch chunks.
- Cut caramels in half; place pears and caramels in baking dish. Add sugar and oatmeal to butter; combine with fingertips until blended and crumbly. Sprinkle mixture over pears.
- Bake 18–20 minutes or until pears have softened and crumb topping has browned. Serve warm. (Makes 9 servings.)