4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2 cup roasted red peppers
1/3 cup hoisin sauce
2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
3 chicken fillets (about 1 1/4 lb)
1 cup sushi rice
6 tablespoons light garlic/herb cheese spread
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons agave nectar (or honey)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Chop garlic (2 teaspoons).
- Slice red peppers into thin strips.
- Combine hoisin sauce, horseradish, and garlic. Place chicken fillets in baking dish, pour garlic mixture over chicken. Let stand 5–6 minutes (or overnight) to marinate.
- Bake chicken 20–25 minutes and until chicken is 165°F. Meanwhile, cook rice following package instructions.
- Slice chicken and return to baking dish; top evenly with cheese and red peppers. Bake 2–3 more minutes or until cheese melts.
- Whisk rice vinegar and agave until agave dissolves. Remove rice from heat. Stir vinegar mixture into cooked rice; cover and let stand 2–3 minutes to absorb. Serve chicken over rice.
3/4 lb sugar snap peas
1 1/2 teaspoons salt-free garlic/herb seasoning
1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- Trim stems and strings from peas, if desired.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Remove pan from heat; coat with cooking spray. Add peas; cook 2–3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Season with garlic/herb seasoning and rice wine vinegar; cook 1 more minute or until vinegar evaporates and peas are glazed. Serve.