2 salmon fillets, skin removed (5–6 oz each)
Large zip-top bag
1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
2 teaspoons fresh thyme, finely chopped, divided
2 teaspoons chipotle roasted garlic seasoning, divided
3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 cup fresh cherries, pitted
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons sugar
- Place salmon in bag. Chop herbs finely; combine basil, 1 teaspoon thyme, 1 teaspoon seasoning, and 2 teaspoons oil. Place herb mixture in bag with salmon. Seal bag and knead lightly to coat fillets.
- Preheat grill. Pit cherries and chop roughly. Preheat small saucepan on medium 1–2 minutes. Place garlic and remaining 1 teaspoon oil in pan; cook 1–2 minutes or until fragrant. Stir in cherries, vinegar, sugar, remaining 1 teaspoon seasoning, and 1 teaspoon thyme; cook relish 3–4 minutes or until thickened.
- Place salmon on grill; cook 3–4 minutes on each side until salmon is opaque and flakes easily. Serve salmon topped with relish.
Always check fish for bones and cook to an internal temperature of 145°F.
1 cup fresh (or frozen, thawed) cherries, pitted
1 apple (such as Red Delicious, Honeycrisp, or Fuji), cored and chopped
2 cups coleslaw mix
2 tablespoons lemon dressing
- Thaw cherries, if needed. Pit cherries and chop coarsely. Core and chop apple.
- Place all ingredients in medium bowl; toss until blended. Chill 15 minutes or until ready to serve.