1 tablespoon canola oil
1 lb ground beef
8 oz fresh prediced onions (1 1/2 cups), divided
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoons apple pie spice
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 (15-oz) can tomato sauce
1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
16 oz thin spaghetti pasta
- Bring water to a boil for pasta.
- Preheat large Dutch oven on medium 2–3 minutes. Place oil in pot, then add beef and 3/4 cup onions; cook 3–4 minutes, stirring to crumble meat, until no pink remains and onions are softened and beef is 160°F..
- Combine chili powder, cocoa powder, garlic powder, apple pie spice, and salt until blended; add to meat and cook 1–2 minutes to blend flavors.
- Cook pasta following package instructions. Drain and set aside..
- Stir into meat mixture: tomato sauce, broth, and cider vinegar. Cook 7–8 minutes or until liquid reduces and chili thickens. Serve chili over pasta; top with remaining 3/4 cup onions.
Aluminum foil (optional)
6 (40-gr) slices frozen Texas garlic (or cheese) toast
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheet with foil (for ease in cleanup); place bread on baking sheet.
- Bake 5–6 minutes on middle shelf or until golden. Turn slices over; sprinkle with seasoning. Bake 1–2 more minutes or until golden. Serve.