2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 cup frozen seasoning blend (contains diced onions, green/red peppers, celery and parsley)
1 1/2 lb lean ground beef, 7% fat
1 teaspoon beef base
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 (4.5-oz) can chopped green chilies
1 (14.5-oz) can diced tomatoes (Italian Herbs)
1 (10.75-oz) can tomato puree
2 (16-oz) cans pinto beans
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon oregano
1 cup refried beans (1/2 can)
- Preheat large saucepot on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Coat beef with spray, then and add to pan; brown 5–7 minutes, stirring to crumble meat, or until no pink remains.
- Stir garlic and seasoning blend into beef and cook 3 minutes. Add remaining ingredients to beef (except refried beans); bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10–12 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until flavor has blended.
- Stir in refried beans; cook 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally, and until beef is 165°F. Serve with favorite chili toppings.
1 cup mild, all-natural salsa
8 oz processed American cheese
2 teaspoons cornstarch
6 oz blue corn tortilla chips (3/4 bag)
- Place in medium saucepan: salsa, cheese and cornstarch. Heat mixture on medium heat 6–8 minutes, whisking until cheese is melted.
- Drizzle mixture over tortilla chips; top with shredded cheese and favorite nacho toppings. Serve.