Nonstick aluminum foil
3 tablespoons panko bread crumbs
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
2 chicken fillets (about 1 lb)
2 oz Deli Manchego cheese
1 medium Granny Smith apple
2 oz uncured ham slices, coarsely chopped
1 cup 100% apple juice
1/2 cup (or 4-oz cup) unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon salt-free southwest chipotle seasoning
1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with foil. Place bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon butter (cut into small pieces) into medium bowl; set aside for butter to soften.
- Cut a 2-inch-deep pocket on top of each chicken fillet (about 4 inches long) being careful not to cut through the bottom (wash hands). Preheat large, nonstick sauté pan on medium-high 1–2 minutes. Place remaining 1 tablespoon butter in pan to melt, then add chicken with cut side down; cook 2–3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Transfer chicken to baking sheet with cut side up. Let chicken stand 5 minutes to cool. Meanwhile, cut cheese and apple into 1/4-inch-cubes (1/2 cup each); add to bread crumbs. Chop ham; stir into bread crumb mixture until well blended.
- Squeeze chicken slightly (with tongs) to open pocket; fill fillets with ham mixture (packing firmly and mounding any extra on top). Bake 12–14 minutes and until chicken is 165°F.
- Combine in same sauté pan on low: apple juice, applesauce, chipotle seasoning, and cumin; simmer 7–8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until slightly thickened. Transfer chicken to cutting board; let stand 5 minutes to rest. Pour sauce onto serving platter; slice chicken and arrange over sauce. Serve.
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup caramelized onion yogurt salad dressing
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
5 oz baby spinach
1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Halve tomatoes. Preheat large, nonstick sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add walnuts; cook and stir 1–2 minutes or until walnuts are very fragrant and begin to brown.
- Stir in tomatoes, dressing, salt, and pepper; bring to a low simmer. Stir in spinach and cheese until evenly coated; serve immediately.