2 Bakery deli-style sub rolls
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons horseradish mustard
1 1/2 lb ground beef chuck
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup prepared Cheddar cheese sauce, divided
1/2 cup prediced tomatoes, divided
1/2 cup prediced red onions, divided
2 cups lettuce shreds, divided
- Preheat grill (or grill pan).
- Slice bread in half lengthwise, leaving 1-inch uncut.
- Combine ketchup and mustard sauce; spread over inside of each sub roll. Place rolls on a sheet of foil; set aside.
- Form ground beef into four patties (wash hands). Season beef patties with salt and pepper. Place patties on grill (or in grill pan); grill 3–4 minutes on each side or until 160°F.
- Cut burgers in half and place inside sub rolls; top each with 1/4 cup cheese sauce, 1/4 cup tomatoes, and 1/4 cup onions. Bring sides of foil up around roll and place over indirect heat on grill; grill (or bake in oven at 400°F) 6–7 minutes or until bread is toasted and cheese is hot. Add lettuce shreds, then cut each sub into 3 equal pieces; serve.
Note: Cut subs into even smaller portions for an easy-to-manage appetizer.
6 tablespoons grenadine (or cherry-flavored syrup)
48 oz ginger ale, chilled
12 maraschino cherries
6 (1/2-cup) scoops vanilla (or other flavor) ice cream
- Chill (12–16 oz) soda glasses in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Chill soda.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon grenadine around inside rim of each glass. Slowly add ginger ale (leaving room for ice cream).
- Add 2 cherries to each, then add ice cream (the soda will foam underneath the ice cream). Serve.