12 oz fresh broccoli florets
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 1/2 lb top sirloin for stir-fry
3 tablespoons minced garlic
1 tablespoon ginger spice blend paste
1/2 cup reduced-sodium stir-fry (or oyster) sauce
1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons dry sherry (or broth)
- Cut broccoli into bite-size pieces, place in microwave-safe bowl, and cover; microwave on HIGH for 4–5 minutes or until almost tender.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add steak, garlic, and ginger paste; cook and stir 3–4 minutes or until meat is lightly browned. While steak cooks, combine remaining ingredients (except broccoli) in small bowl until well blended.
- Stir broccoli and sauce mixture into beef. Bring to a boil; cook 2–3 minutes or until sauce thickens and broccoli is tender. Serve.
1 3/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 medium red bell pepper
2 cups instant brown rice
1 cup frozen green peas
1/4 cup presliced green onions
- Combine in large sauté pan: broth, soy sauce, garlic, and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil on high for rice. Meanwhile, cut pepper into bite-size pieces; set aside.
- Stir in rice; return to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in peas, onions, and peppers. Cover and let stand 5–7 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with fork and serve.