2 cups unsalted chicken stock (or broth)
1 cup white rice
1 fresh mango (or 1 medium peach), sliced
1 large red bell pepper, sliced
1 lb fresh chicken tenderloins
8 (6-inch) wooden skewers
1 teaspoon reduced-sodium rotisserie chicken seasoning
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 cup fat-free shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat grill (or grill pan). Bring stock to a boil; add rice. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 18–20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, peel and cut mango into 1-inch chunks. Cut bell pepper and chicken into 1-inch pieces. Thread chicken, bell pepper, and mango, alternating items, onto skewers (wash hands). Sprinkle seasoning evenly over skewers.
- Combine barbecue sauce and lime juice. Coat skewers with spray, then place on grill; cook 8–10 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned and chicken is 165°F. Brush with barbecue mixture during last 2 minutes cook time.
- Fluff rice with a fork; stir in cheese. Serve skewers over rice with remaining sauce on the side.
2 (0.8-oz) bags freeze-dried strawberries
1 cup unsalted whole (or sliced) almonds
2/3 cup quick-cook oats
2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder (about 4 tablespoons)
7 tablespoons agave nectar (or honey)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place strawberries, almonds, and oats in a food processor bowl (or blender); blend until mixture is a powder. Transfer strawberry-oat mixture to medium bowl; stir in protein powder, agave, and vanilla until mixture is thoroughly blended.
- Scoop "bites" of strawberry mixture onto baking sheet (about 2 tablespoons each). Place strawberry bites in an airtight container and chill until ready to serve. (Makes 24 "bites".)
Note: Freeze for a cold treat.