1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled/grated
2 cups fresh watermelon chunks
4 fresh mint leaves
3 cups heavy whipping cream
1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Peel ginger, then grate (2 tablespoons). Place watermelon in blender (or food processor); blend until smooth and pureed. Add mint leaves; blend until combined.
- Beat whipping cream, condensed milk, ginger, vanilla, and salt with electric mixer on high until stiff peaks form. Slowly pour in 1 cup watermelon mixture, while continuing to beat on high, until combined.
- Pour cream mixture into large loaf pan. Press plastic wrap directly onto surface of cream mixture to help prevent ice crystals. Freeze 6 hours (or overnight) until firm. Serve. (Makes 8 servings.)
1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
1 block sharp cheddar cheese (6–8 oz), shredded
1 Deli smoked (or oven-roasted) chicken, shredded
4 slices thick-cut bacon
1 (14.5-oz) can diced tomatoes with garlic, undrained
2 cups no-salt-added chicken stock (or broth)
1/2 cup bold and spicy barbecue sauce
9 oz fresh linguine (or fettucine) pasta
3 oz presliced green onions
- Chop red onion and pepper. Shred cheese (about 2 cups).
- Shred chicken (2 cups).
- Cut bacon into 1/2-inch pieces, then place in large sauté pan on medium (wash hands); cook bacon 5–6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp. Remove bacon from pan; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons bacon drippings in pan.
- Return pan to heat, then add red onions and peppers; cook 4–5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until lightly browned. Add tomatoes, stock, and barbecue sauce; stir to combine and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in chicken, pasta, and 1 cup cheese; cook and stir 2–3 minutes or until pasta is tender, cheese has melted, and sauce has thickened. Divide mixture among serving plates; top evenly with reserved bacon pieces, remaining 1 cup cheese, and green onions. Serve.