1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled/grated
6 cloves fresh garlic, finely chopped
1 (8.5-oz) pouch precooked brown rice-quinoa blend
2 cups plain nonfat Greek yogurt
2 teaspoons curry powder
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Large zip-top bag
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 boneless, skinless chicken fillets (or breasts), about 1 1/4 lb
1 seedless cucumber, sliced
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1 small red onion, finely chopped
1 cup tri-pepper mix (fresh diced green, red, and yellow bell peppers)
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
Nonstick aluminum foil
1/4 bunch fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Peel and grate ginger (2 tablespoons); chop garlic.
- Cook rice following microwave package instructions, then set aside to cool.
- Place in large bowl: ginger, garlic, yogurt, curry powder, red pepper, pepper, and olive oil; whisk to combine. Place one-half yogurt mixture in zip-top bag. Stir vinegar into remaining-half yogurt mixture (in bowl), then chill until ready for use.
- Butterfly chicken. (To butterfly, lay chicken flat. Slice through center of fillet, starting with thicker side and leaving 1/2 inch uncut to hold top and bottom slices together.) Place chicken in zip-top bag with yogurt mixture (wash hands); knead to coat, then let stand 30 minutes (or up to 2 hours) to marinate.
- Cut cucumber into bite-size pieces. Halve tomatoes. Chop onion. Add to bowl with remaining yogurt mixture: cucumbers, tomatoes, tri-pepper mix, onions, rice, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; toss to coat.
- Preheat oven to broil. Line baking sheet with foil. Arrange chicken on baking sheet (discard marinade); sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place chicken on middle oven rack; broil 15–18 minutes or until top is lightly browned and chicken is 165°F. Slice chicken; chop cilantro (1/4 cup). Serve chicken over vegetable salad, sprinkled with cilantro.