4 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons ground cumin
1 tablespoon salt-free chipotle seasoning
1 1/2 lb boneless pork loin roast
1 (10-oz) bag frozen seasoning blend (diced onions, celery, bell peppers)
2 cups unsalted chicken stock
1 (15.5-oz) can reduced-sodium cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
2 (15.5-oz) cans mild chili beans, undrained
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1/4 bunch cilantro, chopped
6 oz queso fresco (about 1 cup)
1/3 cup pepitas (or pumpkin seeds)
1 (8-oz) container fat-free sour cream
- Combine in bowl: cornstarch, cumin, and chipotle seasoning; stir until blended. Set aside 2 tablespoons seasoning mixture for later use. Cut pork into bite-size pieces; toss with remaining seasoning mixture until coated.
- Preheat large, nonstick sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Coat pork with spray, then place in pan (in batches if needed); cook 3–4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until brown. Transfer pork to slow cooker.
- Add frozen vegetables and remaining 2 tablespoons seasoning mixture to same pan; cook 3–4 minutes or until fragrant. Stir in stock and bring to a boil; pour vegetable mixture into slow cooker.
- Drain and rinse cannellini beans; stir cannellini beans, chili beans, and vinegar into slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2–3 hours or until pork is very tender.
- Chop cilantro (1/4 cup), then place in bowl. Grate cheese and crush pepitas; combine with cilantro. Divide chili into serving bowls; top each with 3 tablespoons cheese mixture and a dollop of sour cream. Serve.