10 (12-inch) bamboo skewers
5 Russet potatoes
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 lb mild Italian chicken sausage
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 (15-oz) container sliced squash, onion, and pepper
1 (8-oz) package slice baby bella mushrooms
1 cup canned, quartered artichokes, drained
1 (24- x 12-inch) sheet nonstick aluminum foil
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 (18-oz) bottle BBQ sauce
1/3 cup ranch dressing
2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons pre-sliced green onions
- Soak skewers in water to prevent burning on the grill.
- Chop potatoes into 1-inch pieces; combine in a microwave-safe bowl with 2 tablespoons water. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 4–5 minutes until softened. Meanwhile, cut chicken into 1-inch pieces and slice sausage into 5 pieces per link.
- Combine in large mixing bowl: chicken, sausage, oil, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, cumin, 1 teaspoon salt, paprika, and cayenne until blended (wash hands). Drain skewers.
- Preheat grill on medium-high. Thread chicken, potato, and sausage alternately on skewers. Combine in separate bowl: squash, onion, and pepper mix, mushrooms, artichokes, remaining 1 teaspoon garlic powder, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt until blended. Place butter in center of foil sheet followed by vegetable mixture; bring up foil sides. Double-fold top and ends to seal packet.
- Place skewers and foil pouch on grill; cook skewers 5–6 minutes on each side until chicken is 165°F. Baste skewers with BBQ sauce, and move foil pouch to indirect heat for 12–15 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Transfer skewers and vegetable foil pack to cutting board and let sit 2–3 minutes. Drain vegetables, if needed, and transfer to serving bowl. Stir in dressing and green onions; sprinkle with cheese. Serve with skewers and extra BBQ sauce.