Nonstick aluminum foil
3 medium tricolor bell peppers
1 medium red onion
12 cloves garlic, smashed
1 lb cherry (or grape) tomatoes
3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
5 teaspoons roasted garlic-herb seasoning, divided
12 oz fresh, trimmed green beans
1 3/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
8 oz whole wheat penne pasta
2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat broiler. Bring water to boil for pasta; line baking sheet with foil. Cut peppers and onion into 1-inch slices and smash garlic. Place in large bowl: peppers, onions, garlic, tomatoes, pepper flakes, 2 tablespoons oil, and 3 teaspoons seasoning; toss to coat. Spread vegetable mixture in single layer on baking sheet. Place on top rack under broiler; broil 15–20 minutes or until vegetables are tender and charred, stirring halfway through cook time. Remove from oven and reduce heat to 425°F.
- Meanwhile, cut green beans into bite-size pieces. Place in bowl with chicken and remaining 1 tablespoon oil and 2 teaspoons seasoning; toss to coat (wash hands).
- Place chicken over vegetables; arrange beans around chicken. Bake 20–25 minutes or until beans are desired tenderness and chicken is 165°F. Cook pasta following package instructions; drain (reserving 1/4 cup pasta water).
- Chop basil; slice chicken thinly. Place in large bowl: basil, vegetable mixture, and pasta. Pour reserved pasta water onto baking sheet. Scrape with spoon to release browned bits and pour mixture into bowl; toss to coat.
- Divide pasta mixture among serving plates. Top each with chicken and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cheese. Serve.
Amount per 1/6 recipe serving: Calories 450, Total Fat 14.00g, Sat Fat 3.00g, Trans Fat 0.00g, Chol 75mg, Sodium 730mg, Total Carb 48g, Fiber 8.00g, Sugars 10g, Protein 37g, Calc 10%, Vit A 0%, Vit C 0%, Iron 20%