1/2 cup organic quinoa, tri-color
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 small zucchini squash, grated
1 small yellow squash, grated
1 carrot, peeled and grated
1/2 cup organic black beans, drained and rinsed
1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped (optional)
8 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast
1/2 teaspoon roasted garlic and herb seasoning
1 organic romaine heart, leaves separated
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
2 tablespoons sunflower seeds, toasted
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions. Set aside to cool.
- Halve tomatoes.
- Wash and grate zucchini and squash.
- Peel and grate carrot.
- Drain and rinse beans.
- Wash and chop cilantro, (optional).
- Preheat grill (or grill pan) on medium-high. Season chicken, on both sides, with seasoning (wash hands).
- Place chicken on grill and reduce heat to medium-low; grill 6–8 minutes on each side, until browned, and internal temperature is 165°F. Remove chicken from grill; let stand 5 minutes, then slice chicken.
- Place even amounts of cooked quinoa in center of medium serving bowls. Arrange romaine leaves, tomatoes, squash, zucchini, carrots, and beans around edge of quinoa.
- Season quinoa bowl with salt and pepper; drizzle lettuce with salad dressing. Top with sliced chicken, sunflower seeds, and chopped cilantro (optional).