Supporting the Publix Facilities Department, the Senior Controller for Existing Assets provides direction for financial accounting and analytical support of the fixed asset movement process. This includes facilitating the recording of all asset movements through store construction or improvements, transfers between locations, and offsite storage and disposal. The Controller is also responsible for leadership and guidance regarding the CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) Service Hub and SAP utilization. This includes coordinating the implementation of various SAP modules with the Facilities Business Support System Administrator team.
The leadership given for these SAP modules includes processes such as:
- providing design input and rollout of the production and inventory modules for the Publix cabinetry shop, and
- assisting with the implementation of the maintenance module for the remanufacturing of assets.
Furthermore, the Controller provides financial oversight and process management for daily production performance and overall financial results of remanufacturing activities. This includes ensuring direct linkage to the SAP asset system and general ledger to properly perform automatic capitalizing, transferring, and recording. The Controller also assists the Facilities and BAR Management team with performing daily functions or completing special facilities-related projects. One of these special projects includes providing financial oversight, controls review, and the reporting of all functions regarding compliance with maintenance and refrigeration contracts.
Qualifications we look for
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or another analytical discipline from an accredited college or university
- Relevant business experience
- Supervisory experience
- Experience using SAP
- Knowledge of accounting, budgeting and cost control principles, including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Knowledge of Publix capital spending and fixed asset policies
- Knowledge of major Publix technology systems and the inter-relationships of those systems
- Knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to work a variable work schedule, including extended hours, weekends and holidays
- Ability and willingness to travel up to one week at a time with overnight stays
- Ability to work independently and as an effective member of a team
- Ability to balance work across multiple projects
- Enthusiasm, initiative and pride in work
How to apply
Please go to the Publix Jobs Center to begin searching our openings. Click the appropriate link to view openings for Publix associates and non-associates. Click Search Openings and narrow your search by selecting Finance from the Job Category list.
You will receive follow-up communication once you're determined to be qualified and eligible for the job. The communication will inform you of additional information that is needed and/or assessments that need to be completed. Once that is done, your application will go directly to the hiring manager for consideration. If your skills, experience, and qualifications look like a good match to the requirements of the position, you will be contacted.
Want additional tips on landing your dream job? Take a look at our applicant resources.
Having a match to this job does not guarantee that you will be hired into this job if and when it becomes available on our Publix Jobs Center.