The Business Analysts dedicated to Retail Business Unit Support provide financial analysis and reporting to the Grocery, Fresh Products, Pharmacy, Customer Service and convenience store retail business units which support Publix stores. They provide the RBU's with goal planning, operating cost plans and capital expense budgets, as well as feedback on store profit-and-loss performance. To ensure proper financial accounting, the Business Analysts prepare general ledgers, financial statements, transactions, and journal entries via SAP. Initiatives these Business Analysts support include store sales promotions and the introduction of new products or services to Publix customers. In order to provide financial direction, they quantify the impact to sales, gross profit, labor, customer satisfaction, and other key performance indicators.
Qualifications we look for
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or another analytical discipline from an accredited college or university
- Knowledge of advanced spreadsheets, databases and query tools
- Ability to gather data from multiple sources and compile it into a user-friendly format, ensuring it meets customer needs
- Ability to develop new reporting based on an in-depth understanding of customer needs
- Ability to develop recommendations and implement solutions based on financial and other project data
- Ability to work independently and as an effective member of a team
- Ability to absorb and retain information readily, prioritize tasks to meet fluctuating demands, and work under deadline constraints
- Ability to be flexible, energetic, highly productive and maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to facilitate improvement efforts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm, initiative and pride in work
How to apply
Please go to the Publix Jobs Center to begin searching our openings. Click the appropriate link to view openings for Publix associates and non-associates. Click Search Openings and narrow your search by selecting Finance from the Job Category list.
You will receive follow-up communication once you're determined to be qualified and eligible for the job. The communication will inform you of additional information that is needed and/or assessments that need to be completed. Once that is done, your application will go directly to the hiring manager for consideration. If your skills, experience, and qualifications look like a good match to the requirements of the position, you will be contacted.
Want additional tips on landing your dream job? Take a look at our applicant resources.
Having a match to this job does not guarantee that you will be hired into this job if and when it becomes available on our Publix Jobs Center.