Our Business Analyst for the Real Estate department provides monthly financial accounting for real estate-related statement accounts. The Analyst works to gain familiarity and understanding with existing or new accounting guidelines and pronouncements, as well as related Publix transactions and accounting methods. The Analyst also prepares monthly and quarterly schedules and journal entries, and enters them into SAP.
Another important responsibility of the Real Estate Analyst is to recalculate and submit the payment of construction and impact fee contributions to developers and manage the process to receive construction refunds of new stores from developers. This includes interpreting and understanding lease languages and analyzing documentation submitted from external customers, such as developers and landlords.
The Analyst also assists the Real Estate department with the approval of impact fee cap amounts for new store leases. Furthermore, the Analyst provides monthly financial analysis and support to the Real Estate and BAR departments, such as weekly sales trend reports and a monthly new store sales projection tracking report.
Qualifications we look for
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or another analytical discipline from an accredited college or university or an Associate’s degree in Accounting or other analytical discipline with at least 4 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to use advanced functions of Microsoft Excel and Access, Visual Basic and macros
- Ability to gather data from multiple sources and compile it into a user-friendly format, ensuring it meets customer needs
- Ability to develop new reporting based on an in-depth understanding of customer needs
- Ability to develop recommendations and implement solutions based on financial and other project data
- Ability to work independently and as an effective member of a team
- Ability to absorb and retain information readily, prioritize tasks to meet fluctuating demands, and work under deadline constraints
- Ability to be flexible, energetic, highly productive and maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to facilitate improvement efforts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm, initiative and pride in work
How to apply
Please go to the Publix Jobs Center to begin searching our openings. Click the appropriate link to view openings for Publix associates and non-associates. Click Search Openings and narrow your search by selecting Finance from the Job Category list.
You will receive follow-up communication once you're determined to be qualified and eligible for the job. The communication will inform you of additional information that is needed and/or assessments that need to be completed. Once that is done, your application will go directly to the hiring manager for consideration. If your skills, experience, and qualifications look like a good match to the requirements of the position, you will be contacted.
Want additional tips on landing your dream job? Take a look at our applicant resources.
Having a match to this job does not guarantee that you will be hired into this job if and when it becomes available on our Publix Jobs Center.