1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
1 large sweet onion, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 lb fully cooked ham steaks
2 (3-oz) links smoked sausage
1 tablespoon canola oil
8 oz fresh prediced bell peppers (1 1/2 cups)
2 teaspoons blackening seasoning
1 (10-oz) can diced tomatoes with green chiles
1/2 cup heavy cream
- Chop green onions, onion, and garlic. Cut ham and sausage into small bite-size pieces. Preheat large, nonstick sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes.
- Add oil, peppers, sausage, sweet onion, and garlic to pan; cook and stir 3 minutes. Add ham and seasoning to pan; cook and stir 3 minutes or until vegetables are softened. Stir in tomatoes and cream; cook and stir 1–2 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken.
- Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 3–4 minutes or until sauce has thickened and ham is 165°F. Stir in green onions. Serve.
3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth (or stock)
4 oz Deli smoked Gouda (or Gruyère) cheese, shredded
1 cup quick-cooking grits
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place broth in medium saucepan and cover; bring to boil on medium-high. Shred cheese.
- Whisk grits into broth, then reduce heat to low and cover; simmer and stir 8–10 minutes or until smooth and creamy.
- Remove pan from heat; stir in cheese, salt, and pepper. Serve.