1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
Large zip-top bag
1 lb chicken breast tenders
1/4 cup herb garlic butter
8 oz mostaccioli (or penne rigate) pasta
2 tablespoons capers
2 teaspoons chicken base
1 lemon, for juice
1/2 cup white wine (or chicken broth)
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Bring water to boil for pasta. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place flour and seasoned salt in zip-top bag; shake to mix. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces and add to bag (wash hands). Seal bag tightly and shake to coat.
- Place garlic butter in sauté pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken (wash hands); reduce heat to medium and cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir pasta into boiling water; boil 6–8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until tender.
- Stir capers and chicken base into chicken; cook 2 minutes, stirring often, to blend flavors. Squeeze lemon for juice (2 tablespoons). Add lemon juice, wine, and cream to chicken. Reduce heat to low; cook 3–4 more minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated and chicken is 165°F.
- Drain pasta and stir into chicken mixture. Serve.
1 lb fresh asparagus spears
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon herb garlic butter
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Cut asparagus into 2-inch pieces, removing tough root end. Place in microwave-safe bowl with water.
- Cover and microwave on HIGH for 4–5 minutes, stirring once, or until tender. Drain asparagus; stir in garlic butter and seasoned salt. Serve.