2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
2 limes, for zest/juice
1/4 cup shelled pistachios, coarsely chopped
1 teaspoon shallot, coarsely chopped
12 oz queso fresco cheese (chunk)
2 teaspoons minced garlic
Large zip-top bag
1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
4 chicken cutlets (about 1 lb)
1 teaspoon dark cocoa powder
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
3 cups fresh berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and/or strawberries)
5 oz baby salad greens
- Preheat grill (or grill pan) on high. Chop rosemary. Zest/grate lime peel (no white; 1 teaspoon); squeeze limes for juice (2 tablespoons).
- Chop pistachios and shallot. Split cheese in half horizontally (two equal rounds).
- Place in bag: rosemary, zest, juice, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 1 tablespoon oil; shake to combine. Add chicken to bag and knead to coat. Let stand 15 minutes (or up to 1 hour) to marinate.
- Place cocoa, shallots, vinegar, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in large bowl; whisk in 3 tablespoons oil until blended.
- Coat cheese with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Place on grill; grill 20–30 seconds on each side or until browned and beginning to melt. Remove from grill.
- Place chicken on grill; grill 2–3 minutes on each side or until chicken is 165°F and golden. Remove chicken from grill; let stand 5 minutes.
- Add berries and greens to vinaigrette; toss to coat. Cut cheese into small cubes and slice chicken thinly. Top salad with pistachios, cheese, and chicken; serve.
4 1/2 cups fresh berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and/or strawberries)
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/3 cup brown sugar
12 pieces break-apart sugar cookie dough
2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
Salted caramel (or vanilla) ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 9-inch baking dish with spray. Combine berries and cornstarch; place in dish and top with brown sugar.
- Flatten each piece of dough and coat with cinnamon sugar. Place in single layer on top of berries. Bake 35–40 minutes or until bubbly and cookies are golden. Let stand 10 minutes to cool. Serve with ice cream, if desired. (Makes 9 servings.)