1 1/2 lb boneless grilling steaks (such as ribeye, New York strip, or tenderloin)
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons spicy steak seasoning
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
2 tablespoons cola
- Preheat grill. Coat steaks on both sides with olive oil and seasoning (wash hands).
- Place steaks on grill; grill 4–5 minutes on each side and until steaks are 125°F (for medium rare; warm red center), 130°F (for medium; warm pink center), or up to 170°F (for well done). Combine barbecue sauce and cola; brush sauce over both sides of steak during last 2 minutes of grill time.
- Remove steaks from grill; let stand 5 minutes to rest before slicing. Temperature will rise 5–10°F during this time. Serve.
NOTE: The doneness temperatures for medium rare and medium stated above are traditional temperatures used for cooking steaks, but are not recommended by the USDA. To maintain food safety, the USDA recommends an internal temperature of 145°F, as measured using a food thermometer, with a 3-minute rest time before carving.
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
8 oz whole baby portabellas, halved
1/2 cup mini sweet peppers, thinly sliced
1 medium zucchini (or yellow) squash, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato spread (or pesto)
1 (24- x 12-inch) sheet nonstick aluminum foil
1 cup canned, quartered artichoke hearts, drained
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup light Caesar salad dressing
2 tablespoons presliced green onions
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat grill; set butter out to soften.
- Halve portabellas. Slice peppers and squash.
- Stir tomato spread into butter until blended. Place in center of foil sheet: vegetables (except green onions), butter mixture, salt, and pepper. Bring up foil sides; double-fold top and ends to seal packet.
- Place packet on grill over indirect heat; grill 12–15 minutes or until vegetables are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Remove packet from grill and drain vegetables, if needed; transfer to serving bowl. Stir in dressing and green onions; sprinkle with cheese. Serve.